Location: Tucker, GA
Posted Date: August 29, 2018
Tromp Group Americas, LLC based in Tucker, GA (a subsidiary of Tromp Group) is looking for an experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, solution design/engineering (create/modify AutoCad layouts), supporting the sales team with information for customer presentations and project implementation/execution and management.
Ideal candidate will have technical/engineering knowledge and excellent customer relationship skills.
This role can be based in Georgia or Virginia but we are open to remote working arrangements.
How You Will Impact Tromp Group (included, but not limited to):
- Provide strong project management by generating project Gantt charts, organizing various activities of a bakery project to include coordination of activities from engineering, manufacturing, delivery, installation, start up and sign off. Conduct status update meetings and communicate with customers and stakeholders involved in the project
- Assume responsibility of Tromp Group communication channel with customers
- Control customer’s specification documents and ensure clarity and understanding of scope between Tromp Group engineers and customer
- Responsible for obtaining customer approval on equipment designs
- Manage the Sales Change Notice process to ensure changes are clearly documented and communicated throughout the life of the project
- Perform field surveys and execute layout drawings
- Develop an understanding of technical and financial risks
- Coordinate OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) equipment integration including follow up of all OEM activities (PO’s, Shipments, Scope, etc.)
- Schedule appropriate service technicians, oversee installation and equipment start-up activities
- Maintain on-site punch list to ensure support service and ‘warranty’ activities are actioned
- Support applications engineering functions and provide technical support to Sales
- As experience grows, become knowledgeable of the competitor’s product lines and their strategic advantages and disadvantages compared to Tromp Group’s product lines
What You Need To Succeed (included, but not limited to):
- Knowledge of food/beverage/bakery manufacturing industry
- Microsoft platform software
- Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- AutoCAD 2016
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering basics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship and management skills
- Ability to navigate and capture sales opportunities
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions under pressure
- Creative mind to problem solving
- Comfortable with change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Travel required (up to 50%), with frequent ‘short term’ notification.
- Bilingual (English/Dutch) a major asset
- Office environment with frequent inter-actions/meetings with Machine shop and Assembly plant areas.
- Travel to customer sites in industrial areas (sometimes noisy and dusty environments).
About Tromp Group
Tromp Group is the trusted provider of fully-integrated food production solutions for the worldwide baking industry. Together, Tromp Sheeting and Depositing Systems and Den Boer Baking Systems help bakers grow their product portfolio with confidence to produce sheeted breads, cakes, muffins, pizzas, pastry & laminated doughs, pies and waffles. Tromp Group is a proud member of the Markel Food Group.
Tromp Group is headquartered in the Netherlands.
About Markel Food Group
The Markel Food Group family of companies (www.markelfoodgroup.com) includes AMF Bakery Systems (www.amfbakery.com), Reading Bakery Systems (www.readingbakery.com), Tromp Group (www.trompgroup.nl), and Solbern (www.solbern.com). The companies serve as market leaders in the manufacturing and design of automated food processing equipment for the production of bread, bun, baked snacks, cakes, pizza, pastries, and other specialty baking products.
The Markel Food Group companies are subsidiaries under Markel Ventures, Inc., (www.markelventures.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL).
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.