Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: January 24, 2018
AMF is looking for Accounts Receivable / Accounting Specialist to join our Richmond team. Ideal candidate will be a detailed oriented and analytical individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
This position is responsible for maintaining customer account records to include collections, research, tracking, reconciliation and resolving payment issues and providing customer support. This position is also responsible for collections, allocation of funds, tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues on AMF machine sales. Other responsibilities will include processing. sales tax returns, month-end payroll journal entry and reconciliation of payroll withholding accounts to the GL.
How You Will Impact AMF (included, but not limited to):
- Maintain customer accounts; set up new accounts, establish and monitor credit limits. Provide customer support and resolution
- Collect cash in a timely manner; resolve collection issues by working with all areas of the organization
- Calculate and allocate customer deposits between AMF entities. Provide weekly listing of customer deposits to each entity
- Maintain spreadsheets to track machine payments
- Review and process daily invoice and cash receipt batches
- Provide monthly account reconciliations to GL include customer and intercompany receivable accounts, customer deposits, bank accounts, payroll withholding accounts
- Process a variety of intercompany billings/transactions
- Complete month-end journal entries
- Prepare and analyze AR reports
- Investigate and troubleshoot Accounts Receivable / accounting issues
- Provide support such as schedules, date, information, etc. to auditors for the Sarbanes-Oxley and financial audits
- Perform other duties as assigned to support routine accounting functions as well as support operations
- Recommend actions to improve efficiency, reduce risk of error and strengthen internal controls
- Provide accounting support to the Controller
What You Need To Succeed (included, but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in AR/Collections.
- Some general accounting experience a plus.
- Proven collection track record
- Sales Tax reporting a plus
- ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing)
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers
- Ability to be pro-active, self- motivated and resourceful
- Must be able to take ownership of multiple assignments and follow through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent work habits, able to flex work schedule to meet monthly deadlines
- Be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Vacation black-out time applies to month-end close
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.