Open Position: Controls Specialist
Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: October 2, 2017
Provide support for Controls Engineers and Electrical Assembly focusing on electrical drafting, design support and related project documentation generation for new equipment and legacy equipment manufactured or supported at AMF.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (include, but not limited to; all of which needs to be clear, complete, consistent):
- Drafting/Design 100%
- Electrical drawing generation using AutoCAD electrical which includes all power & control systems, main panel layout, junction box layout, TB plans and parts lists required to meet project specifications
- Work with Controls Engineer and purchasing on delivery issues to come up with substitutes
- Participate in new equipment design discussions to advise on component sizing and location
- Add new parts into the CADD system through the direction of Controls Specialist Lead
- Work with Controls Engineers on system designs to meet applicable codes and standards
- Review new parts and make recommendations for use as a standard part
- Develop custom enclosure drawings
- Develop enclosure modification including cutout templates
- Create and review Bills Of Materials as directed by Controls Engineer
- Electrical Shop Support
Education/Experience (include, but not limited to):
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or similar field. A combination of higher level education and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of an Associate’s Degree.
- It is preferred 3+ years’ controls/electrical engineering experience with design of automated machinery for this position.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (include, but not limited to):
- Able to draw efficiently in AutoCAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred)
- Ability to understand and design electrical control schematic diagrams
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Competency with PLC hardware (Rockwell preferred)
- Knowledge of industrial communications (Ethernet/IP, Device NET, Profibus, etc.)
- Competency with Operator Interface hardware (Rockwell preferred)
- Working knowledge of industrial electricity and control systems
- 600 VAC and less, 3Ø control systems
- Motors, servos, low voltage DC devices and sensors
- Ability to recommend/apply electrical components to a control system to make the machine run as designed
- Knowledge of electrical codes, standards, and regulations such as NEC, CE, NFPA 70, NFPA 79 and UL 508a
- Understand and practice machine safety
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
- A “self-starter” requiring minimal direct supervision but a team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and project a good image for AMF.
- Office/Plant Floor/Customer Facilities
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.