Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: May 15, 2018
AMF Bakery Systems is looking for a motivated and self-driven Electrical Technical Specialist responsible for wiring equipment, testing machines (Checkout) before handing over to engineering before final approval, and installing equipment in the field on several projects.
How You Will Impact AMF (included, but not limited to):
- Perform duties / responsibilities of an Assembly Technician plus responsible for meeting or exceeding milestone date
- Become subject matter expert in the function of the machines and able to operate the equipment
- Perform quick parts repairs including design, manufacture of parts to resolve issues and implement changes with Engineering
- Provide Field Service support and travel will be required on several projects
- Perform checkout function utilizing Rockwell and AB Product line
- Perform trouble-shooting in power transmission parts (bearings, motors, reducers, belts, pulleys), pneumatics (air cylinders, valves), hydraulics and electrical circuits
What You Need To Succeed (included, but not limited to):
- Field service experience and willingness to travel for field service up to 25%
- 2 Year Technical Degree or 5 years of controls electrical experience
- Ability to comprehend and execute verbal, written and drawn instructions, including the ability to follow a set of engineering control drawings and/or schematics, in order to complete an assembly
- A solid electrical aptitude which enables the use of sound judgment in the proper use of NEC code and wiring techniques
- Knowledge of various types of Variable Speed Drives, Sensors, Conveyors, PLC and Operator interfaces.
- Basic machine shop and fabricating skills to make modifications to parts in the field, cut & drill various materials, dismantle, repair and re-assemble mechanical devices
- Programming capabilities are required, ability to understand the programmable logic control process and make changes as directed
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of hand, electrical and pneumatic tools and the understanding of which tools are best to use in a given situation
- Ability to assess a problematic situation, diagnose a potential issue and repair the problem
- Comfortable working with a wide variety skill sets throughout the organization, from peer workers to upper management and all levels in between
- Understanding of company policies and the ability to set the proper image through leading by example
Working Conditions (included, but not limited to):
- Typical manufacturing facility conditions.
- Indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%) working conditions
- Facility is heated in winter, but not air conditioned in summer
- Employee must be able to stand on concrete floors for a minimum of eight hours. Kneeling, squatting, bending over and standing for long periods of time may be required to perform assigned tasks
- Can occasionally be loud, especially in local areas where grinding or machine testing is taking place. Ear plugs are provided, but not required
- Must have own basic tools. List of employee provided tools includes, but is not limited to: box/open end/socket wrench sets, Allen wrench set, screwdriver set, tap handles, pliers, combination square, 9” level and tape measure. English and metric tool sets are recommended. A lockable tool box is also recommended.
- Safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoes are required
- Long pants and a sleeved shirt (short sleeve at a minimum) are required
What We Offer:
- Attractive compensation package
- Quarterly bonuses
- Profit sharing
- Health and wellness benefits
- Vacation and sick time
- Ability to purchase up to 5 days of vacation
- Tuition reimbursement program
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.