Open Position: Field Service Technician
Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: September 25, 2017
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to provide service and customer support during field visits. This role will manage all on site installations of AMF equipment, repair and maintenance test as well as diagnose errors and technical problems to determine proper solutions. Provide on-site service and installation support for AMF equipment and serve as a key point of contact in building customer relationships.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Supervise mechanical and electrical installation AMF equipment
- Service and maintenance of existing AMF equipment
- Ensure basic training of customer personnel in Maintenance, Sanitation & Operation of AMF equipment
- Review spare parts needs for customers, interface with Inside Sales Rep’s to coordinate customer needs in parts
- Act as a technical resource for the customer to operate AMF equipment at maximum potential
- Identify and communicate new equipment opportunities to the outside sales force
- Phone troubleshooting for customer breakdowns
- Conduct occasional trips to Richmond Shop – Virginia or Sherbrooke – Canada to participate in equipment review, final assembly and checkout
- Create weekly activity reports, detailed technical reports from each customer site visit and weekly expense reports
- Provide feedback to engineering for technical problem solving
- Promote parts, kits and service for all AMF installed equipment
Education/Experience (include, but not limited to):
- Three (3) years field service experience in packaging or bakery equipment.
- Five (5) years electrical and mechanical experience in a high-speed bakery or other automated process equipment environment
- Working knowledge of power transmission components, pneumatics, conveyors and basic electronics
- Proper written and verbal communication skills to interact professionally with engineering, sales force and customers
- Capability to conduct Operator, Sanitation and Maintenance Training Classes
- Willingness to travel in North America (75%) and occasionally international.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (include, but not limited to):
- Operational understanding of various types of Variable Speed Drives, Sensors, Conveyors, PLC’s, OIT’s, etc.
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.