- AMF Bake-Tech is a leading manufacturer of Thermal Systems in the baking industry. The General Manager position is responsible for providing leadership and directing the administrative, and general operations responsibilities to achieve corporate goals with full P&L responsibility.
- At a senior level management, the GM will possess exemplary leadership qualities by showing direction, support, and motivation of all teammates, managing multiple functions and providing strategic direction for the organization.
- The GM is responsible for the execution of the company’s strategic business development plans in line with the company’s vision and the outline direction and budgets of the company.
- Leading an engineering team through product development initiatives while building further the development of the Lean Manufacturing principles established to provide a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Coordinate projects iwth other divisions of AMF to allow seamless start-up of equipment.
Desired Skills and Experience (but not limited to):
- The ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience working in an engineer to order manufacturing environment, 5+ years of that time should include operational leadership experience.
- Be able to build a winning team – driving inspiration, accountability, managing change, teaching, coaching, and spearheading/leading operational excellence initiatives by example.
- Must be able to demonstrate sustainable safety, cost, quality, deliver and growth improvement impacts.
- Previous experience of leading an organization through a continuous improvement, lean manufacturing journey will be beneficial.
- Business Degree required with Engineering Degree highly desirable.
- Travel will vary by the demands of the business but should be considered as up to 40% of time, including overseas destinations as required.