- Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Leader reports to the General Manager, Richmond, VA
- Oversees Machining, Assembly, Process improvement team and Facility Maintenance to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Responsible for driving Lean thinking more deeply across operations.
- Empower teammates to become conduits of process change and foster an environment of continuous improvement and operational excellence at the Richmond, Virginia location.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Directs the manufacture of company products at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications and procedures.
- Maintains maximum work flow by managing the process, monitoring equipment, setting scheduled hours, monitoring resources and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Working closely with the Plant Leadership team to systematically drive the Lean vision, implement LEAN projects, drive OEE & quality and reduce operational losses
- Demonstrated ability to use process improvement techniques to achieve operational results. Experience with Lean improvement techniques including 5S, Pull Systems, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Flow Systems, Jidoka, A3, etc., and Six Sigma
- Effective leader, team builder, mentor and coach. Establishes trust, manages expectations and encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in establishing and carrying out production responsibilities.
- Establishes and ensures achievement of manufacturing department objectives.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to reduce standard cost, scrap, and rework.
- Partners with the General Manager on developing and implementing overall direction, strategies and goals for manufacturing.
- Recommends manufacturing objectives for business planning purposes, capital expenditures, budgetary requirements, etc. Establishes and ensures achievement of manufacturing department objectives.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- High energy, data-driven individual capable of solving problems.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Industrial Management or the equivalent in practical experience and specialized training.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in manufacturing including at least five (5) years in manufacturing management.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of manufacturing methods, continuous improvement, production planning and employee relations.
- Requires ERP experience and strong Microsoft Office.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven leadership abilities.