Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: October 10, 2017
The mechanical designer will perform light design duties and supply general support for the mechanical engineering team(s) and other departments throughout the company.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Designs, develops or redesigns new or existing products.
- Works from requirements or instructions to improve the organizations products.
- Communicates with venders to obtain information and assistance.
- Performs design investigations, mathematical calculations, analyses, feasibility studies and computer aided 3D design (Solid Edge preferred) for new components or assemblies using data supplied by the Mechanical Engineer or Supervisor.
- Collaborates with different departments (Manufacturing, Sales, etc.) to provide support/feedback as required.
- Participates in product inspections/checkouts
- Role may include Product Ownership duties for mature, standard equipment.
Education/Experience (include, but not limited to):
- Associate’s degree or an advanced degree required.
- Minimum 3 years drafting experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (include, but not limited to):
- General drafting and fundamental design experience.
- Ability to accurately draw and dimension detail parts.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Solid Edge, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of MRP, BOM structure and costing.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling, drafting techniques, engineering terminology, applicable materials and production processes.
- Office/Machine Shop/Assembly Shop environment.
- Possibility of needing to lift 50 pounds.
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.