Open Position: Mechanical Drafter
Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: September 25, 2017 – October 4, 2017
The mechanical drafter will supply general support for the mechanical engineering team(s) and other departments throughout the company.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Collaborate with different departments (manufacturing, purchasing, sales, etc.) to provide support/feedback as required.
- Has the ability to accurately draw and dimension detail parts.
- Documents design changes, makes simple decisions, referring complex questions/ problems to Mechanical Engineer or Supervisor.
- Details include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture and assembly, per company guidelines.
- Create parts in the MRP systems.
- Uses computer aided 3D design software (Solid Edge preferred) to prepare detailed drawings, layouts, and diagrams.
Education/Experience (include, but not limited to):
- Associate’s degree or technical training certification required.
- Minimum 1 year’s equivalent experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (include, but not limited to):
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling and AutoCAD, Solid Edge preferred.
- Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- General drafting and fundamental design experience
- Ability to accurately draw and dimension detail parts
- Office/Machine Shop/Assembly Shop environment
- Possibility of needing to lift 50 pounds
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.