Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: January 18, 2018
AMF is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide mechanical engineering functions for AMF Bakery System’s products. This includes current standard food machinery equipment, custom and legacy products, value engineering and sales support.
How You Will Impact AMF (included, but not limited to):
- Provide mechanical machine design which includes sizing and specifying all mechanical design components
- Assemble complete and accurate Bills of Materials (BOMs) for the machine/system design
- Provide field service technicians remote support during system service calls, installation and commissioning.
- Provide on-site troubleshooting and startup support. This generally could result in 15-20% travel
- Provide solutions for End of Life (EOL) components within AMF systems to support customer needs
- Responsible for maintenance of technical documents
- Assist the Applications Engineering and Equipment Product Managers during the scope phase of a potential project
- Assist sales with custom design solutions and custom quote estimating
What You Need To Succeed (included, but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. A combination of an AA degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to understand, design, and document pneumatic control systems
- Experience with technical documentation, including equipment manuals and bulletins
- Experience with equipment and plant layout design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, proficient in any 3D modeling applications (i.e., Solid Edge/Solid Works/Inventor),
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with working in fast-paced environment
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.