AMF Sales Director – Americas
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posted Date: 12/02/20
AMF is looking for a highly motivated leader to oversee our largest global sales team in the Americas. This position is responsible for planning and executing sales and marketing plans to drive profitable growth, increase market share, and drive a solutions-oriented approach. The Sales Director will focus on creating and cultivating strategic relationships with our customers and leading and developing our sales team.
- Act as a key member of the Global Sales Leadership Team responsible for leadership and oversight of the Americas sales organization
- Develop and execute annual sales plans
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of sales forecast for the Americas
- Introduce and implement processes and systems that will generate sales performance
- Work closely with teams across AMF (e.g., project management, customer care) to ensure a consistent customer experience and high customer satisfaction
- Work closely with product groups and functions across AMF on new product development
- Set clear goals and sales targets and drive accountability to ensure achievement of results, including pipeline development, forecast conversion, sales bookings, and customer relationship management
- Oversee processes to deepen existing customer relationships and grow the customer base
- Support and provide leadership on customer sales calls, meetings, and problem resolution
- Directly manage certain strategic key customer accounts
- Negotiate with customers and conclude pricing, terms, and conditions for contracts on complex system proposals
- Assist in the development of sales tools content, messaging, and maintenance
- Travel to customer sites as required to manage sales of new equipment (units & systems), aftermarket service, spare parts, machine upgrade kits, training packages, and machine inspections/refurbishments and new equipment sales (units & systems)
Essential Requirements Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum ten years of experience as a Regional/ National Sales Manager/Director level position in food manufacturing or equipment manufacturing industries (baking industry preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong experience and track record of developing high-performance sales teams
- Experience leading and implementing best class sales development processes
- CRM system/D365 preferred
- Team-oriented working style with the ability to work effectively across cultures
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, and independent mindset
- A highly motivated and proactive approach to customer relationships
- Excellent organization skills
Leadership Imperatives / Competencies
Relationship Building/Communication Skills – Demonstrates exceptional verbal skills in interpersonal interactions and instructional delivery to achieve the intended purpose. Prepares written material that is appropriate for the audience and accomplishes the intended purpose. Builds significant trust and credibility relationships with internal customers that lead to buy-in and sponsorship within their businesses.
Customer Focus – Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; develops and implements service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
Problem-Solving – Asks the right questions and probes all sources for answers; sees underlying or hidden patterns; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Uses rigorous logic and methods to analyze and understand why problems occur; generates and implements creative, cost-effective, and realistic solutions.
Results Focused – Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; consistently delivers top performance; very bottom-line oriented and strategically focused; motivate self and others to achieve results. Delivers error-free work and does so with a high level of integrity.
Leads with Values – Drives to win in a way that demonstrates values: respect for the individual, integrity, trust, credibility, continuous improvement, and teamwork.