Checkout and Install Technician
Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: 08/20/20
Job Summary: AMF Bakery Systems is looking for a motivated and self-driven Checkout and Install Technician (CIT). The primary responsibilities of the CIT include execution of final machine checkout (which will require coordination with Assembly and Engineering), full ownership of machinery installs at customer locations, as well as support for Assembly teammates.
How You Will Impact AMF: The CIT will be the key linkage between equipment checkout and installation/startup. This linkage will allow for better feedback and communication between these two critical steps equipment delivery process. This role will have a significant impact to AMF’s goal of producing high quality equipment that starts on schedule and on budget, and providing a best-in-class customer experience. A CIT at AMF:
- Become an expert in the functionality and operation of AMF machinery
- Perform duties of Assembly Technicians in the final stages of assembly, or earlier in builds as needed.
- Play a lead role in ensuring we are meeting critical internal and external target dates
- Facilitate the repair of parts both internally and externally through design improvements, manufacturing of parts, or fabrication in the field.
- Lead efforts to provide feedback to the appropriate parties to either reduce costs or improve equipment functionality.
- Solve simple and/or complex problems in real time.
- Will demonstrate the professional demeanor of an industry leading and widely respected company daily
- Provide Field Service support on occasion (non-install)
What You Need To Succeed:
- Field service experience and willingness to travel for field service up to 60%
- 2 Year Technical Degree or 5 years of controls electrical experience
- Ability to comprehend and execute verbal, written and drawn instructions (e.g. engineering control drawings and/or schematics)
- A solid electrical aptitude with demonstrated knowledge of NEC code and wiring techniques
- Knowledge of various types of variable speed drives, sensors, conveyors, PLC and human interfaces (incl. Rockwell and AB)
- Basic machine shop and fabricating skills (incl. cutting and drilling of various materials, dismantle, repair and re-assembly)
- PLC programming capabilities: Ability to understand existing programs, make required changes and troubleshoot in real time
- Understanding of power transmission parts (bearings, motors, reducers, belts, pulleys), pneumatics (air cylinders, valves), hydraulics and electrical circuits and how they work together.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of hand, electrical and pneumatic tools with ability to select which is most optimal
- Sound troubleshooting skills and thought process
- Can work and communicate effectively with multiple levels of both AMF and customers’ organizations (from operator to upper management)
- Can quickly learn and adjust to customers’ policies (safety, health, or any other policies)
- A professional demeanor with the ability to play the required role in a customer setting (leader, follow, or assist)
Working Conditions: Typical manufacturing facility conditions.
- Indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%) working conditions
- Wide variety of conditions possible at customer locations
- Teammate must be able to stand on concrete floors for a minimum of eight hours. Kneeling, squatting, bending over and standing for long periods of time may be required to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have own basic tools. List of teammate provided tools includes, but is not limited to: box/open end/socket wrench sets, Allen wrench set, screwdriver set, tap handles, pliers, combination square, 9” level and tape measure. English and metric tool sets are recommended. A lockable tool box is also recommended.
- Safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoes are required
- Long pants and a sleeved shirt (short sleeve at a minimum) are required
What We Offer:
- Attractive compensation package
- Quarterly bonuses
- Profit sharing
- Health and wellness benefits
- Vacation and sick time
- Ability to purchase up to 5 days of vacation
- Tuition reimbursement program