Corporate/ U.S. Controller
Posted Date: September 5, 2019
The position is part of the global AMF finance team, reporting to the Vice President of Finance of AMF, an operating company within the Markel Food Group. The AMF Corporate/U.S. Controller is responsible for global AMF financial reporting, accounting policies and practices, and financial controls. This leader works closely with global accounting and operations teams to understand and mitigate key risks. This position will also have controller responsibilities for one or more of the reporting units of AMF. This position plays a stewardship role to the AMF senior leadership team and an advisory role for the global accounting teams regarding financial reporting and controls.
Key Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
- Controllership. Provide direction to global accounting teams regarding financial policies, processes, and internal controls. Ensure financial statement compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Financial Reporting. Advise the global accounting teams on financial statement preparation, internal controls and reviews, and audits, and direct those processes for corporate AMF.
- Accounting Operations. Direct shared and corporate accounting transactions. Design and implements efficient transaction accounting processes through continuous improvement and Markel Business System (MBS) discipline and certifications.
- Tax Compliance. General knowledge of corporate tax, sales/use tax and international tax including employment regulations. Manage outside tax advisors and coordinate other external resources.
- Team Leadership. Responsible for goal setting for the corporate accounting team and providing direction, guidance and on-going coaching to ensure achievement of the goals.
Required Skills (included, but not limited to):
- Experienced financial professional with a BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and public accounting experience required.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience required with strong preference for a minimum of 3 years global finance/accounting management experience working for multi-national companies. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background including US GAAP.
- Tax experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience on Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Prior experience in global consolidations and technical topics such as accounting for foreign exchange, tax accounting and accounting for acquisitions.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills in accounting and finance.
- Strong internal customer relationship & excellent communications skills; team player.
- Proven experience leading teams (directly or indirectly).
- Experience and knowledge with ERP, HFM and general ledger systems.
- Experience in interfacing with external auditors and knowledge of statutory reporting requirements.
- Proven management experience in the areas of resource assessment and development and team-building.
- Domestic and international travel-10%
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.