Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec
Posted Date: 02/12/21
AMF Canada is the largest manufacturer of industrial bakery machinery in Canada. The Sherbrooke, Quebec division designs and manufactures custom-made machines for the Company’s international customers. The AMF Canada team is constantly innovating and developing in order to remain the leader in its industry. In particular, the company exports mixers, conveyors, coolers, bread slicers, bread baggers, and several other industrial bakery machines. AMF Canada employs more than 150 people in Sherbrooke, providing a dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be part of its team as: Electrical Specialist 1 (Electrical Engineering Technician).
How You Will Impact AMF:
Under the supervision of your immediate supervisor and as a member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for the equipment or systems assigned to you. You will have to manage specific timelines to adequately meet our customers’ requirements and thus help achieve team goals.
Essential Functions Include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in design activities between different engineering and manufacturing groups.
- Design control panels by integrating programmable automatons, operator interfaces, etc.
- Design electrical plans and prepare coin lists.
- Follow up during manufacturing process.
- Inspect machines and systems.
- Provide technical support to the sales, production, and customer facing teams.
- Occasional travel abroad for the start-up and installation of equipment.
What You Need To Succeed:
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- AutoCad Software
- Allen Bradley Automations and Opreator Interfaces
- Industrial Machinery Safety Standards
- Electrical Standards (CSA or UL)
- Ability to Work Under Pressure and Meet Tight Deadlines
- Interpersonal Relationships (Colleagues and Customers)
- Attention to Detail
- Available to Travel Abroad (2 weeks or less per single trip), often with very short notice
- Deep Sense of Responsibility, Autonomy, and Reliability
- Written Languages: Advanced Level French and Intermediate Level English
- Spoken Languages: Advanced Level French and Intermediate Level English
- DEC Collegial Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Any Other Relevant Discipline
- 0-2 Years of Experience