Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posted Date: July 18, 2019
AMF Bakery Systems is seeking a driven Facilities Manager that will be responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. The position will also be responsible for safety and security management, fire safety, hazardous materials and utilities management.
How You Will Impact AMF (included, but not limited to):
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, building safety and facility expansion.
- Inspects construction and installation progress.
- Initiates planned maintenance programs for the office and plant machinery/ equipment.
- Manage the preventative maintenance of plant machinery/equipment, including HVAC, parts supply and office equipment.
- Manages all contract/vendors related to grounds, installation, building security and the internal/external building.
- Effectively manage departmental budget to ensure operating costs are maintained; hours worked, overtime, vendor contracts and building maintenance and installations.
- Primary responder to emergency alarms.
- Manage environmental compliance; all testing through the support of the third-party contractor.
- Oversee the company Safety team; coordinate the monthly meeting, agenda, and conduct monthly on-site safety inspection checklist.
- Open and prepare building for daily start-up.
- Understand and enforce company rules and policies, lead by example.
Education/Experience(included, but not limited to):
- Associates or bachelor’s in engineering with 5 yrs. experience preferred. Will consider relevant experience.
- Electrical and/or Mechanical background.
- Working knowledge MS Office products; word, excel, power point.
- Safety certifications preferred, but not mandatory – company will provide training to the right candidate.
Required Skills (included, but not limited to):
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Mechanical/Maintenance Background
- Budgeting/Cost knowledge – preparation of cost quotes.
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.