Field Service Technician
Location: Latin America and the Caribbean
Posted Date: 02/12/20
AMF Bakery Systems provides best in class unit equipment and fully-integrated bakery solutions for the global baking industry. AMF Bakery Systems helps bakers grow their product portfolio with confidence to produce soft bread and buns, sheeted artisan bread, pizzas and flatbreads, cakes and pies, and pastries and croissants. Along with the latest bakery innovation, AMF provides expert design and applications engineering, production expertise, full-system integration, project management, installation, training, and lifetime parts, and service support.
AMF continues to grow in Latin America, and we are in dire need of a field service superstar to continue wowing and delighting our clients! As a field service tech, you will be at the “tip of the spear” to help us fulfill our mission to remain the global leader in providing automated solutions to the bakery industry.
How you Will Impact AMF:
- Supervising the mechanical and electrical installation of our equipment
- Providing service and maintenance of our installed base whenever and wherever it is needed
- Training our clients personnel in Maintenance, Sanitation, and Operation of our equipment
- Supporting our clients in all technical aspects to maximize our equipment potential
- Providing long-distance emergency troubleshooting when customers needs arise
- Identifying and communicating new equipment opportunities to our sales team
- Providing constant feedback to our engineering department to solve technical problems or improve equipment design and functionality
- Promoting parts, kits and service for installed equipment Education and Experience Requirements
What You Need To Succeed (Including But Not Limited To):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial, automation, electronic) is preferred. *We will consider applicants with extensive experience in similar roles or maintenance or operations within the food processing/bakery industry
- Five years of electrical and mechanical experience in a high-speed bakery or other automated process equipment environment
- Three years of field service experience in packaging or bakery equipment Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Operating understanding of various types of Variable Speed Drives, Sensors, Conveyors, PLC’s, OIT’s, etc.
- Background in Rockwell Product line SLC-500, Panel View Logix 5000, Panel View Plus and associated communication software
- Proficiency and troubleshooting ability in power transmission parts (bearings, motors, reducers, belts, pulleys), pneumatics (air cylinders, valves), hydraulics and electrical circuits
- Basic machine shop and fabricating skills to make modifications to parts in the field, cut & drill various materials, dismantle, repair and re-assemble mechanical devices
- Strong knowledge of English and Spanish, both written and spoken. (Native Spanish speaker is preferred) *Familiarity with the Portuguese language is a plus
- Programming capabilities are required, ability to understand the programmable logic control process and make changes as directed
This position involves extensive international travel within Latin America up to 80% of the time. Given the nature of the job, the chosen candidate must reside within Latin America.
We offer a competitive salary, benefit, vacation and other ancillary benefits as well as a robust 401k Profit Sharing plan! Interested candidates can forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org