Location: Tucker, Georgia
Posted Date: April 1, 2019
Reports To: Global VP of Operations
Our AMF division, BakeTech, located in Tucker, Georgia is a leading manufacturer of thermal systems in the baking industry.
AMF Bakery Systems is seeking a driven and results-oriented General Manager for our AMF BakeTech business to provide leadership and oversee operations to achieve corporate goals with full P&L responsibility.
Ideal candidate will possess exemplary leadership qualities with a proven track record of managing, motivating, and developing teammates.
This position will be responsible for driving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Growth for the business and will foster an environment of continuous improvement and operational excellence while building an exceptional team who follows the voice of the customer.
How You Will Impact AMF (included, but not limited to):
- Develop and execute a strategy for establishing new customer relationships and business opportunities
- Responsible for the execution of AMF BakeTech’s strategic business plans in line with the company’s vision and the outlined direction and budgets of the company.
- Establishes, executes and drives accountability of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) against targets and forecasts. Establishes and ensures achievement of business objectives.
- Recommends objectives for business planning purposes, capital expenditures, budgetary requirements.
- Collaborates with customers, the sales team and leads an engineering team through product development initiatives.
- Monitors maximum work flow by managing the process, monitoring equipment, monitoring resources and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Drives continuous improvement and problem-solving initiatives to achieve operational results. Experience with Lean improvement techniques including 5S, Pull Systems, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Flow Systems, A3,
- Provides leadership to teammates. Serves as a mentor by providing coaching, career development and training opportunities. Manages expectations and encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Supports AMF’s Safety Program to ensure a safe and suitable work environment for all teammates vendors, suppliers and visitors. Meets all requirements mandated by the Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
What You Need To Succeed (included, but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Bakery Science, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in an engineer to order manufacturing environment, 5+ years should include management leadership experience. Commercial/marketing experience is a key skill as well.
- Team management experience. Proven track record in developing a winning team – driving inspiration, accountability, managing change, teaching, coaching, and spearheading/leading operational excellence initiatives.
- Previous experience of leading an organization through market assessment and growth strategies, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, value stream mapping methods.
- Experience in delivering sustainable safety, cost, quality, deliver and growth improvements.
- Strong communication.
- A “people first” attitude.
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- ERP experience and strong Microsoft Office.
- Travel will vary by the demands of the business but should be considered as up to 25% of time, including overseas destinations as required, and working with short notification timelines.
Please submit resumes to AMF Recruiting.