Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: 07/07/20
AMF Bakery Systems is looking for a motivated and self-driven lathe operator.
Operators must be able to work with and without the aid of drawings and schematics. Occasional rework of parts, cutting, grinding, drilling etc. may be required to complete the assigned task.
How you will impact AMF:
- Set-up, tend and operate Lathe
- Set-up and Operate Turning machine to turn, bore, thread, form or face Metal materials.
- Work from drawings and written instructions to create parts for customer specific equipment – precision/close tolerances.
- Fabricate and/or modify parts using various industrial equipment and tooling.
- Adjust both conventional and automatic controls.
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Must be forklift certified.
What you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of various metals.
- Strong mathematical knowledge; measurements.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of machining procedures.
- High School or Equivalency
- Two years Trade school or equivalent experience.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Standing, bending, lifting, twisting, walking – 90% of the time
- Sitting – 10% or less