Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: 07/27/20
Job Summary: AMF is looking for a well-organized and motivated Mechanical Designer to design AMF Bakery equipment, machinery and components in support of our Bakery Systems. This role will also provide support for the mechanical and electrical engineering team(s) and other departments throughout the company.
How You Will Impact AMF:
- Design, develop or redesign new or existing equipment, machinery and components
- Perform calculations and computations for various projects
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development
- Produce drawings and designs in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Communicate with vendors to obtain information and assistance
- Perform design investigations, mathematical calculations, analyses, feasibility studies and computer aided 3D design (Solid Edge preferred) for new components or assemblies using data supplied by the Mechanical Engineer, customer and/or Manufacturing team.
- Collaborate with different departments (Manufacturing, Sales, etc.) to provide support/feedback as required
- Participate in product inspections/checkouts
- Role may include Product Ownership duties for mature, standard equipment
What You Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Associate’s degree with related experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years drafting experience required
- General drafting and fundamental design experience
- Ability to accurately draw and dimension detailed electrical systems and components
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Solid Edge, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of MRP, BOM structure and costing
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling, drafting techniques, engineering terminology, applicable materials and production processes
- Office/Machine Shop/Assembly Shop environment
- Possibility of needing to lift 50 pounds
Position Reports To Product Team Leader