Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posted Date: 12/18/19
AMF Bakery Systems is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-speed bakery equipment. We provide complete automated bakery solutions including dough mixing, dividing, make-up, proofing, baking, cooling, packaging, basket/case loading, basket washing and product distribution that are unsurpassed in quality, innovation and value.
AMF Bakery Systems is seeking a Buyer to source a range of components for AMF machines that can include made to print machined and fabricated parts, assemblies, materials and commercial components while maintaining delivery schedules for manufacturing and direct aftermarket sales.
How you will impact AMF:
- Manage supplier base, cultivate long-term supplier relationships, and resolve issues
- Drive optimum costs and maintain quality levels of products
- Negotiate and purchase items required for manufacturing and spare parts
- Monitor and maintain delivery schedules and purchase order accuracy
- Collaborate across departmental lines to promote design standardization to ensure cost containment and functions including; Finance to insure document accuracy improvements; Manufacturing support to outsource when capacity dictates
- Identify and collect data and make proposals on potential cost savings projects
- Responsible for creating and maintaining purchase orders and delivery information and processing monthly quality reports
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related required
- A minimum of 4 years of experience preferably in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Experience with and knowledge of procuring machined to print components and commercial electrical and or pneumatic commodities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Ability to be pro-active, self- motivated and resourceful
- Must be able to take ownership of multiple assignments and follow through to completion
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and MRP Planning.
- Knowledge of Microsoft D365
This position is an office position that requires spending time on the manufacturing floor and warehouse, which requires wearing safety glasses, safety shoes and the possibility of lifting up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Recruiting Agencies – Please