Technical Support Engineer
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Reporting to the Americas Service Manager, the AMF First Line Technical Service Support Engineer will provide technical service and support to customers experiencing breakdowns or other technical issues in the Americas and globally. In addition, this role will be responsible for creating quotes for service, addressing technical service tickets, researching parts and equipment information for Customer Care Reps, supporting technical service report writing, and following up with Customer Care Reps to ensure relevant parts are ordered. This role will have a strong customer-centric approach and will be responsible for driving business to AMF for both aftermarket parts and service.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service, including but not limited to proactive & responsive phone calls, troubleshooting and researching requests, and consistent and timely follow-up with customers and internal teammates
- Utilize case management to update, reassign, and keep cases up to date
- Utilize online tools, reports, manuals, etc., to answer customer support questions and customer care rep questions
- Provide remote service: act as the first line to answer all technical support calls within and outside working hours. Provide end-user support via remote technologies, remote support app, and telephone support and manage the ticketing queue, ensuring all tickets are progressed and updated at regular intervals
- Update and advance 1st line tickets for team KPI
- Support training program development and implementation
- Produce documentation and knowledge-based articles where required
- Support the implementation of Knowledge Base for the business
- Travel to some customer sites (on rare occasions) for training purposes
- Work with Tech Doc teammates to develop training packages to sell to customers
- Support the Service Manager as a backup for daily administrative duties, including but not limited to; scheduling and dispatching field technicians, quoting service visits and inspections, organizing tools and parts for onsite jobs
- Support Preventative Maintenance Service packages by providing agreed online or phone support
- Analyze service visit reports to ensure recommendations have been executed (including parts sales)
- Problem-solve internally to ensure that both the internal and the external customer needs are met in a timely and complete manner
- Support a safety culture, maintain zero accident environment, and ensure a safe and suitable work environment for self, teammates, and customers
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree is considered a plus
- Min of 3 years demonstrated ability in Customer Technical support
- Bakery maintenance experience is considered a plus
- Able to use their initiative to prioritize calls, do research and be capable of working under pressure
- Motivated, focused, friendly, patient, organized, and proactive individual who can work in a team
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Basic computer operations, including internet and email protocols, connectivity, and understanding of internet networking
- Experience in CRM systems (MS Dynamics a plus)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- PLC and Hardware troubleshooting
- Detail orientated
- Solid Communication skills (writing and verbal)
- Solid Problem-Solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a flexible “can do” attitude
Customer Focus – Ensures that the customer perspective drives business decisions and activities; develops and implements service practices that meet customers’ and organizations’ needs.
Results Focused – Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; consistently delivers top performance; very bottom-line oriented and strategically focused; motivates self and others to achieve results. Delivers error-free work and does so with a high level of integrity.
Relationship Building/Communication Skills – Demonstrates exceptional verbal skills in interpersonal interactions and instructional delivery to achieve the intended purpose. Prepares appropriate written material for the audience and accomplishes the intended goal. Builds effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal and external customers that lead to buy-in and sponsorship within their businesses.
Problem-solving – Asks good questions and probes all sources for answers; sees underlying or hidden patterns; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Uses rigorous logic and methods to analyze and understand why problems occur; generates and implements creative, cost-effective, and realistic solutions.
Leads with Values – Drives to win in a way that demonstrates values: respect for the individual, integrity, trust, credibility, continuous improvement, and teamwork.