Field Service Technician
Location: Richmond, Virginia
AMF Bakery Systems offers best-in-class system solutions for industrial bakeries across the globe. We prioritize sustainability and have developed the first-ever industrial hydrogen oven to help our clients reduce food and energy waste daily. Our Richmond location in Virginia provides a dynamic work environment and a chance to join our team as a Field Service Technician.
The ideal Technician will look after our customers’ service and maintenance needs. As a Field Service Technician, you will travel to client locations, install new equipment, respond to service requests, troubleshoot equipment issues, and provide technical training on company equipment. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated with a “hands-on” mechanical and electrical aptitude. The candidate should have a customer-centric approach, strong communication and excellent troubleshooting skills, plenty of field experience, and the ability to adapt to changing work schedules and environments. Your customers will rely on you as a trusted partner for their success.
- Perform customer installation, maintenance, and service calls promptly and effectively
- Ensure basic training of customer personnel in Maintenance, Sanitation, and Operation of AMF equipment
- Troubleshooting on machine problems both on-site and by phone
- Review spare parts needs for customers and interface with inside sales reps to coordinate customer needs in parts
- Act as a technical resource for customers to operate AMG equipment at maximum potential
- Identify and communicate new equipment opportunities to the outside sales force
- Conduct occasional trips to AMF manufacturing locations to participate in equipment training, review new technology, support final assembly and checkout
- Create and maintain field service reports and documentation
- Provide feedback to engineering for technical problem-solving
- Promote parts, kits, and service for all AMF-Installed Equipment
What You Need To Succeed:
- Three years of field service experience in an industrial packaging industry
- Five years of electrical and mechanical experience in a high-speed automated process equipment environment
- Troubleshooting proficiency ability in power transmission parts; bearings, motors, reducers, belts, pulleys, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical circuits
- Operating understanding of various types of Variable Speed Drives, Sensors, Conveyors, PLSs, OITs, etc.
- Background in Rockwell Product line SLC-500, Panel View Plus and associated communication software
- Basic machine shop and fabricating skills to make modifications to parts in the field, cut and drill various materials, dismantle, repair, and re-assemble mechanical devices
- Proper written and verbal communication skills to interact professionally with engineering, sales force, and customers
- Required to travel to perform field service assignments; 75%-80% travel
- Must be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions
- Personal tools and diagnostic equipment required
- Typical days at customer sites will last from 8 to 12 hours with occasional 24-hour day/night shift patterns
- Field service experience in the food, beverage, or bakery industry
- Programming capabilities and ability to understand the programmable logic control process and make changes as directed
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, ancillary benefits, and a robust 401k Profit Sharing plan!