Location: Richmond, VA
Posted Date: 08/20/20
Job Summary: AMF Bakery Systems is seeking an experienced Project Manager who will be responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, solution design/engineering (create/modify AutoCad layouts), supporting the sales team with information for customer presentations and project implementation/execution and management.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership qualities with a proven track record of managing, motivating, and developing teammates to achieve corporate metrics and strategic goals.
How You Will Impact AMF:
- Provide strong project management by generating project Gantt charts, organizing various activities of a bakery project to include coordination of activities from engineering, manufacturing, delivery, installation, start up and sign off. Conduct status update meetings and communicate with customers and stakeholders involved in the project
- Assume responsibility of communication channel with customers
- Control customer’s specification documents and ensure clarity and understanding of scope between AMF engineers and customer.
- Responsible for obtaining customer approval on equipment designs
- Manage the Sales Change Notice process to ensure changes are clearly documented and communicated throughout the life of the project
- Perform field surveys and execute layout drawings
- Develop an understanding of technical and financial risks
- Coordinate OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) equipment integration including follow up of all OEM activities (PO’s, Shipments, Scope, etc.)
- Support the scheduling of appropriate service technicians, oversee installation and equipment start up activities
- Maintain on site punch list to ensure support service and ‘warranty’ activities are actioned
- Provide technical support to the global Sales and Applications engineering functions.
- As experience grows, become knowledgeable of the competitor’s product lines and their strategic advantages and disadvantages compared to AMF product lines
- Participate in the development of the overall business strategy of the Value Stream and ensure the achievement of operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work closely with the Engineering R&D and Assembly/Installation teams to ensure a flawless execution of projects.
What You Need To Succeed:
- Knowledge of food/beverage/bakery manufacturing industry
- Microsoft platform software
- Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- AutoCAD 2016
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering basics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship and management skills
- Ability to navigate and capture sales opportunities
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions under pressure
- Creative mind to problem solving
- Comfortable with change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Travel required (up to 50%), with frequent ‘short term’ notification.
- Bilingual (English/other language) a major asset
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial business management or finance.
- Experience in a supervisory role and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to present to large groups and to the Management of the company.
- Strong problem- solving skills. Experience with lean tools such as Kaizen, Problem Solving, A3’s, etc. is preferred.
- Travel: 20 trips per year for; Start-ups, Follow up visits, warranty, training