Repair & Modernization Engineer
Location: Richmond, Virginia
AMF Bakery Systems offers best-in-class system solutions for industrial bakeries across the globe. We prioritize sustainability and have developed the first-ever industrial hydrogen oven to help our clients reduce food and energy waste daily. Our Richmond location in Virginia provides a dynamic work environment and a chance to join our team as a Repair & Modernization Engineer
The Engineer will grow the Repair & Modernization business, support customers and teammates with technical questions, and analyze customer data using our new SOS (Sustainable Oven Service). This individual will collaborate with their Customer Care teammates, engineering teammates, and sales colleagues. In addition, this person will support customers experiencing technical issues with AMF’s installed equipment with a primary focus on software issues. The ideal candidate for the role should have a robust customer-centric approach and be motivated to develop, build, and support customers with technical solutions. The candidate must be able to work independently and have a passion for working collaboratively to build and share knowledge throughout the company.
- Partner with AMF R&M leaders and AMF Engineering to proactively develop and manage R&M Solutions for our customers. In addition, educate our customers on AMF Digital solutions and look for opportunities at our customer locations to implement them.
- The Repair & Modernization Engineer will be the Customer Care lead support for released digital solutions, including the SOS (Sustainable Oven Service) solution. SOS support includes but is not limited to working with oven experts to analyze data, enhance data models, and provide recommendations to our customers based on data trends.
- Act as the first line to answer all software-related technical support calls from our customers during regular and outside of normal business hours. This includes working with 1st line support engineer(s) to manage ticketing queues, ensuring all tickets are progressed and updated at regular intervals.
- Provide exceptional customer service including, but not limited to, proactive and responsive phone calls, troubleshooting, and researching requests for both internal and external customers.
- Consistent and timely follow-up with customers and internal teammates.
- Support training program development and implementation; produce documentation and develop knowledge base articles as appropriate to document customer software solutions for future use.
- Support a safety culture, maintain zero accident environment, and ensure a safe and suitable work environment for self, teammates, and customers.
- Travel to AMF and customer sites to support R&M and digital implementation.
What You Need To Succeed:
- Electrotechnical expertise and troubleshooting skills relating to manufacturing machines.
- Software: PLC programming (ladder/structured text), HMI programming, software debug/troubleshooting skills for both Rockwell and Siemens platforms.
- Hardware: experience with Rockwell or Siemens PLC, HMI, and control components. Ability to apply hardware to machine designs. Knowledge of UL508A, NFPA 79, and CE a plus.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience selling or developing R&M solutions a plus.
- Three years of minimum experience in software development and/or internal or external customer technical support solving programming issues.
- Displays exceptional customer service, problem-solving, attention to detail, and workload prioritization and organization.
- Ability to pivot quickly and work well under pressure.
- Skilled in problem-solving techniques.
- A Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree is considered a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer and software skills like Internet, email, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of industrial networks (EtherNet/IP, Profibus, ProfiNet etc.)
- Working knowledge of VMware is considered a plus.
AMF Bakery Systems offers a competitive compensation, benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth throughout our organization globally and within the Markel Food Group